To learn how to read fairly quickly, this phonic program is
great. A school year would be enough to go through the sounds of 60 different
letter combinations or single letters.
The first idea to integrate is that the alphabet is just the
alphabetical organization of the different letters. Teaching the ABC is just
counter-productive and simply useless!
Tracing the letters should be an artistic activity which is essential
for writing activities, but the phonics should definitely come first.
What can you do when you know the sound for letter A, one
for letter B, one for letter C?... Nothing! What word can you make using only
these sounds? Not a lot!
The first sounds I teach are S, I, T, P, A, N + the sight
words “I” and “THE”. With these 8 elements, students can start reading their
first story which will be using only these sounds, no unknown one!
“s” and short “i” phonics, with gestures and sound but not with
the name of the letter.
Recap and combination of the 2 first sounds “S + I = SI”
New phonic: “t” with gesture and sound.
Recap and combination of the 3 sounds, /s/, /i/, and /t/
New phonics "p"
Recap and combination of the 4 sounds, /s/, /i/, /t/, and /p/
New phonics "a"
Recap and combination of the 5 sounds, /s/, /i/, /t/, /p/, and /a/.
Sight word 1 : I
Story number 1 using only the already known phonics
New phonics "n"
Recap and combination of the 6 sounds, /s/, /i/, /t/, /p/, /a/, and /n/.
No comments:
Post a Comment