Here is how I plan a service practice online.
First, we watch a video about silver service:
Then we watch a more specific video about the use of the
tongues in Silver Service.
It’s important to split the different aspects of a
complex subject. Today, I concentrate on the use of the tongues which are the
spoon and the fork we use to pick up the food from the dish to transfer it on the
costumer’s plate.
Then I make a personal video and some photos before asking
the students to practice. These photos and videos, made from my phone,
demonstrate students how to do it. These unprocessed video will be less frightening
than an edited professional one found on Youtube.

Then the students practice at home and send their photos and
videos on the Telegram group. The result is actually pretty good.
They love
doing it!



At the end, when the videos have been posted, I never forget
to praise the students…
My mission at Saint Francois Technical High School is just great!







No comments:
Post a Comment