Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Scaffolding a Speaking Activity

Procedure:
1-      Students listen to a small conversation taking place in a fast food restaurant between a waitress and a costumer.
2-      Then, they tell (all class) some words or sentences they’ve understood. Teacher writes them on the board.
3-      Individual Work: Fill the Blanks activity (Play the recording many times if needed: 2, 3, 4 times)
 
Conversation:
Waitress:            Hi. May I take your _________?
Costumer 1:       Yes. I’d like a hamburger, ___________     ____________, and a coke.
Waitress:            Anything else?
Costumer 1:       No, ____________. That’s it.
Waitress:            OK. For here or ___________?
Costumer 1:       For here please.

Waitress:            Hi. ____  __  ______ your order?
Costumer 2:       Yes. I’d like 2 ________________.
Waitress:            Anything else?
Costumer 2:       Yes. Two large ________, please.
Waitress:            Ok. _____________ or to go?
Costumer 2:       To go, please.






4-   Individually: Students check their answers with the video


5 -   Pair work: Practice the conversation







6 -   Act the conversation in pairs following the scrip under the soundless part of the video. 

 














The acting pair were decided using the Wheel of names at wheelofnames.com:




No comments:

Post a Comment