Saint Francois Primary school only has 3 classes this year,
Grade 1, 2, and 3. Next year Grade 4 will be added.
M. Ny, the director of the school, is also teaching English
to the 3 classes. Next year, the school will have to recruit a second teacher
of English. This is great!
Why is that great?
It happens that M. Ny is a motivated teacher, conscious of
the work we have to do to reach the top quality level we’re aiming at.
After discussing with him I believe that:
1)
I should work closely with him on how to improve
the level of teaching.
2)
We could work intensively till the end of the
school year.
3)
When a new teacher is recruited, M. Ny will already
be able to guide him/her into the spirit of highly effective teaching.
The great thing is that we will be able to implement better
methodologies rather quickly and start spreading them with the arrival of a new
teacher.
Next week, on Thursday, I will be spending the all morning
with him and grade 3.
Very interesting perspective indeed.

No comments:
Post a Comment