I have just been recruited as the Pedagogical Coordinator of the English Departmemt. I will be in charge of the English Department of Saint-Francois Technical High School, Saint-Francois General Education High School, Saint-Francois junior high school and, and in one Primary School. These 4 schools are all in the same area of the Takeo province. I will be based at the Technical High school where I will also be teaching an ESP program in tourism as well as General English for the tourism section.
Why have I been selected for that
job?
It all started when Bishop Olivier,
the creator of the schools, came at the grand opening of an NGO style school I was
running in Phnom Penh. I made a little speech explaining that I was working on
a new methodology. I also mentioned that the problem in Cambodia is the low
level in English. The report “EF English Proficiency Index 2019” - link below - gives
our country the 94th rank on 100 tested countries. That is very low.
They also clearly say that this poor performance is due to the bad quality of English
teaching in schools.
I felt I had to try to do something. It happens that
Bishop Olivier experienced the same problems as the one described in the report.
He got interested in the creativity I used in my new method called “English
Booster”. He also knew I was a specialist in the hotel and catering sector.
We
had a meeting and I got hired!
Bishop Olivier gives me a fantastic opportunity fto do something great in Cambodia as far as
English teaching is concerned.
I
just love Cambodia and Cambodian people; I want to bring them the best I
possibly can!
Link to the English Proficiency Index 2019:
https://www.ef.com/wwen/epi/
No comments:
Post a Comment