Friday, January 24, 2020

First Teacher Observation: M. Toy

Although the teaching of M. Toy is acceptable, there are quite a few elements he should consider.
I had a meeting with him to talk about the class I had observed and here are a few tracks for improvement:
-        Use more pictures to explain vocabulary
-        When the pictures in the students’ books are not clear (photocopied books) find another one and present it with the LCD projector.
-        Students refuse to answer in English: possible reason: the subject is not scaffolded enough and the students don’t have enough knowledge and confidence to talk about the subject. (In a lesson I was teaching to that class, I got all the students to speak, it is therefore definitely a problem of pedagogy)
-        Use some games to review the vocabulary.
Another possible problem is the teachers’ organization for one year. He is teaching each tourism class for 4 hours a week and he says that he need one month for each chapter! It seems impossible to cover the all program in these conditions.



No comments:

Post a Comment